Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yeah, I get to go to SCHOOL
















Can you see the excitement! It was there. At first he said, "Mom, I'm a little nervous." Then when we got there and he could here the kids he said,"Mom, I'm not nervous now." As we walked down the hallway to his class he held my hand very tight. Then we walked in his room and his teachers came to the door to meet him and were so sweet. They said there are 11 boys in the class and 3 girls so I don't think there will be a problem finding enough friends. As I knelt down to tell him good bye and to have a great day, he puckered up to kiss me. I loved it. After school he called me at work and it took him 8 minutes to tell me about his GREAT DAY. He met a friend named Richard and one boys name is Mattie (Remember Mattie the girlfriend) he thought that was kind of funny. He said he stayed on green which is good. They talked about families and he has to take a picture on Thursday. He told them he had 5 in his family. He couldn't believe that this one boy has 9 in his. Hopefully they have lots of animals in their family!
This was exactly what he needed. He didn't quite know where his place was after Hannah went to school and all his friends went to kindergarten. I didn't realize how hard this would be as a mom to hold him back a year. He has also been regressing with Claire. It like he needs extra attention. Maybe its the middle child thing. Who knows. If I only knew all the answers.

2 comments:

Spicy Steph said...

There's not a mom out there who knows all the answers! Porter is a great kid, as are all of your babies. He will do just fine! You're an amazing mom and I love you for it!

Andrea said...

I have never seen a kid as excited about school as Porter was this morning. He was SO proud. When we got there, I pretended like I couldn't remember where to go because he was so proud and excited to show us. He ran into that classroom and never looked back. I stood and watched for just a minute and he whipped out his family pictures and showed them to one of his teachers and said, "This is my family. And this is my baby." (with a huge grin on his face).