Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas is in the air


I don't know about you but, I am so excited Christmas is this month. I love everything about it.

- NATIVITY
-MUSIC
-SMELLS (FOOD, CANDLES,CHRISTMAS TREES, SCENTED PINE CONES)
-LIGHTS
-ALMOST EVERYONES ATTITUDE (GIVING& KIND)
-EXCITEMENT IN MY KIDS
-PLACES DECORATED (IT JUST GIVES EVERTHING A NEW LOOK)
-CARDS (GREETINGS FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY and CONNECTING WITH THOSE FAR AWAY)
-CHRISTMAS STORIES
-CHRISTMAS MOVIES
-FOOD (HOMEMADE CANDY ECT.)
-MAYBE CRISP AIR (IF YOU LIVE IN TEXAS)
-SURPRISES
-GETTING TOGETHER WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
-SNOW (ONLY IN PICTURES OR ON TV)
-CHRISTMAS PLAYS

These are a few of my favorite things. I have really enjoyed each day and evening with my family. I made an advent calendar and placed things in on the dates where I knew of things that are planned and then added fun things on the other dates. So far we've only flubbed up twice. We've gone to see A Christmas Carol in Dallas with my mom, made smores last night, watched a Christmas movie,read in the scriptures in Luke, read Christmas stories and this Friday we are going to Six Flags. Could it get any better than this!!! I wish I was a kid. Share some of your favorites with me. I'd love to hear. To those of you who read and don't comment this is the time to start.

2 comments:

Spicy Steph said...

Okay...you've turned my attitude around. I usually do not like this time of year because I don't like the cold and my family stresses me to no end! But, after reading your blog I see it in a different light. That's why you are my best friend...you are amazing and see the brighter side to things and share your love all the time. I love you so much my sister!

Things I love about this time of year:
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS TWINKLING
FIRE IN THE FIREPLACE
GENEROSITY OF OTHERS
GIVING TO OTHERS...IT'S THE GREATEST JOY TO ME!
SEEING THE FACES OF THE LITTLE ONES LIGHT UP ON CHRISTMAS MORNING
CHRISTMAS CARDS
FOOD
AND THE #1 REASON...THE REASON WE ARE ALL HERE, OUR CHRIST AND SAVIOR WAS BORN AND WE GET TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY.

Thanks Nicole...I love you to the moon and back.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Just a few of the things that I love about the holidays...
Food (so much of it and it's all so good!)
Getting Christmas cards in the mail
Drinking lots of hot chocolate
Christmas shopping (I know that I'm crazy but I love the crowds)
Singing and listening to Christmas music
Singing with the choir for the Christmas program

I've got to get the boys to Six Flags for Holiday in the Park (I keep forgetting)!