Friday, December 14, 2007

3rd place Pink Panthers



Hannah's team finished 3rd place this season. They were so intimidated by this team they played called the "Volley Chicks", need I say more?
Anyway, the first game they whomped (is that a word?) on them. At that point they gained their confidence back. Then they lost the next two, which put them in another bracket. Which put us playing the "Diggers" and we lost. I did the most unthinkable thing ever. Hannah is very good at volleyball. About 90% of her hits go over and count. She is still lacking some confidence though. So as the ball comes towards her if it doesn't fall in her lap its not hers and she will watch it drop. Ok, to my unthinkable thing, I told Hannah I would pay her a $1.00 for every ball she hits. Yikes. I should have been more specific. According to Hannah all her serves counted too. She did soooooo good and I had to pay up $12.00. She wanted to go to the half price book store, so I thought it was well spent money and her best game EVER!!!!!
Her coach is getting her masters right now and used to play volleyball at Martin High School. She taught the girls so much and wants to coach these same girls again this spring. Oh, no it might interfere with softball. I wonder which one she will choose or maybe they will overlap just a little. I guess we will wait and see.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love that Hannah is so motivated by a chance to make money and go shopping! Especially because she is also generous with her money - buying things for others.

Melissa said...

Wow, she used her money to buy books? That is SO IMPRESSIVE!! That will definitely make a mother proud! :) Way to go Hannah! What is her coach's name?

Spicy Steph said...

Congrats Hannah. she is a great player. I love watching her in all her sports! It was 12 well deserved dollars!