Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy New Year 2008




We had so much fun for New Years. We stepped out of the box and took Hannah and Porter to Six Flags. Since we had season passes why not? It was so cold so we left Claire with Nana and Papa. We rode rides, bought the best food (they have the special booths set up with mmmmmm good food). Porter wanted to ride the train and drink hot chocolate like Polar Express so we did. I informed everyone that mom was riding Superman. Hannah said, "I'm not so go ahead." Porter said, "I will ride it with you mom." I've always wanted to ride it and the line is so stinkin long and that night it was short. Porter kept going back and forth on whether he was going to ride it or not. I told him he didn't have to. So when it was our turn he got on and we rode it. I screamed so loud that Jimmy said the whole park and Arlington could have heard me. Porter never once screamed and said while we were at the top that it was fun!! I wrapped my leg around his leg and held on to his hand. I have this fear of falling off of tall buildings and when I was at the top I felt like I was sitting on a chair at the edge of a building and was about to be pushed off. Sounds like fun! Huh! We went to one of the shows. We rode the snow hill. Doesn't compair to the hills in Montana but you take what you can get in Texas. To top off the night we watched a great fireworks show out in the parking lot and ate a funnel cake. How much fun can you get. My camera ran out of batteries so I only got 3 pictures.

3 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Looks like fun!
I took the boys a couple of times to Holiday in the Park, we drank hot chocolate and ate funnel cakes (their so good!).

Andrea said...

That's snow hill looks like so much fun! I'm quite impressed you went on the Superman thing!

Spicy Steph said...

Brings back memories of when you used to force me on all the wild rides there! I love the Superman ride. I'm so glad you finally got to go on it! But, I'm most impressed with Porter! That's my little man! He and I will be jumping out of planes together one day!!!!!