Monday, October 29, 2007

Miss you everyday




October 30,2005 is that sad day that my Grandpa Freddie slipped away. I want to celebrate him. He was a great man. Tons of integrity, patience, stubborness, forgiveness, gentleness, and a very simple man. Grandpa didn't care for the frilly things in life. He always saw the good in everyone. He treated Grandma with love, kindness, and patience. He would have given his shirt off his back to anyone in need. I always wanted to marry him because I knew he would not break my heart. (like all the others did). He just represented qualities that we all would like to have or be told we had them after we've gone. I sure miss him and his voice when I called. He used to say I always can tell when my Nickie calls by her laugh. I love you and miss you grandpa

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I was actually thinking about you and your grandpa this past week - with everything that is going on with my grandpa. I am so thankful to know that you are there if I need to talk/cry - and that you understand.

Spicy Steph said...

I miss him too. He was an amazing man. If you ever feel sad, just call me and we can laugh about when he took us out driving! I'll never forget how hard he was laughing...I can hear it like it was yesterday!