Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Summer 2006

Ok, here it goes, my first post with Claire on my lap and I'm typing one handed. I'm not quite sure if summer is considered a punishment to those of us that stay home or if it's something we are to enjoy. Now don't get me wrong I have had some good times but... It seems to Hannah that we don't do enough. According to her, swimmimg,shopping,friends spending the night,going to Nancys,Stephanies,Lisas,Nanas and Andreas I guess is not enough in her mind. Then there is Porter who says who's coming over today? Then there is sweet Claire, who can't be in the sun too long and eats every 3 hours. Not to mention the house that is a mess almost all of the time. Oh the pantry never has enough snacks in it for those hungry vultures! The summer company that comes from out of town. Enough complaining. I love my kids and we have had fun and I hope someday they will look back and thank me for trying to make it a fun summer. I love those teachers at school. God bless them all. See you in a month.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yea!!! And seriously... amen to that. And just think... 26 days till we'll have nothing to do but sit and scrapbook while Ethan and Claire happily entertain themselves.

Yeah, right.

Melissa said...

I hope that it is okay with you if I read and comment on your blogs. I am excited to read someone else's blog besides mine and Andrea's (Katie and my mom are not so good at it, supposedly because they don't have kids). I loved your blog, I laughed so hard at the end. It is a good heads up because my summers are no different than any other day in the year, except for the fact that I am sweaty and hot all the time.