Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Little Something To Brag About

Last night Jimmy picked up some Chinese food and of course at the end is always the fortune cookie. Porter said, "Dad what's that cracker with the paper in the middle?" Anyway, Porter's cookie said You are a good natured person.... And Porter asked me what good natured meant. I told him someone that people want to be around. He said , "mom that's because I am a happy boy." I said you are so right and deep inside I was so glad that he is happy and has no worries.
Ok, my point about bragging is this.... Hannah has been mowing nana and papa's lawn and making money this summer. Each time she has an opportunity to go shopping (which she loves) she ends up buying a present for everyone. She is quite the bargain shopper. We shop mostly on the sale racks. Smart girl!! I am so pleased with her willingness to share and think of others. She says it makes her feel good.

Then there's Porter... I bought 3 Lord of the Rings guys and a big catapult thing with 2 soldiers. One guy would be for Cris and the big thing and the other 2 guys were for Porter. I had Porter choose which one he would pick for him and which one he would pick for Cris for his b-day. After a lot of "I want all of it and I can't decide" he choose one of the better guys for Cris because he said that is Cris favorite. I told him how happy I was for the decision he had made. At these times in my life I realize what good children I have been blessed with and that they have good charitable hearts.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It is no surprise to me that your children have charitable hearts when their mother has one of the most charitable hearts I know.