Friday, July 21, 2006

Its All Relative

I felt so uplifted when I came home from the stake enrichment last night. I went to three classes. One was on teaching the gospel to small children. I had heard these things before, (be a good example,be consistent ect.) but it was good to hear them again and to hear others stories they shared. The second class was on not doing too much and taking time for yourself. Hmmm. I think this one was for me!! Sister Pepper was so funny on how she taught the class. Laughing is good and we all laughed. I learned a vaulable lesson that night from her. She had mentioned that math was not her thing she tried it twice in college and couldn't do it. I finally found someone like me and not embarrassed to admit it. I haven't tried twice, only once but I am so afraid of not suceeding. My husband says I don't give myself enough credit and I do have it in me. I guess we will see one day. Thanks Terri. The last class brought us to tears and some good laughs too. It was a marriage class. At the end the husband sang this song along with a slide show with pictures starting from dating -marriage-having kids-growing old and then at the very end he talks about loosing that special one and there were pictures of President Hinkley and his wife Marjorie. I think it hit me really hard because my grandma died right around Sister Hinkleys death. Anyway I really enjoyed it and really appreciated all the long hours, thought, and prayer that went into this night.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Just remember... "I'm not doing it for the weeds!"