Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Locked In




Ok, for the explanation of the pictures. Porter and Claire's bedroom door knob works if you are on the outside but, if you are on the inside the knob just spins. I went in to wake up Claire and get her dressed because I had to go get my blood drawn at 8:45. Usually she cooperates but, today she shut the door and sat in front of it before I could catch it. So now Claire and I are locked in the bedroom. No phone, no diapers, no food, no bathroom, no way to pick up kids, no way to take Porter lunch. You get the picture. I start to panic. I look around and decide to use hair clips to try to unscrew the door knob. Also picture I am right handed and am unable to use that hand because of surgery. So its all up the my left. I then try to beat the knob in hopes that I would break it off. I did break it off but, the door is still closed. I looked out the window and thought I could jump but, knowing my luck I would break my other hand or leg. Oh, and then Claire might follow me out the 2nd story window because I would be unable to shut it. I also hoped someone would be taking a walk and I could holler at them and have them call my mother-in-law whose has a key to the house. No such luck. I then grabbed one of my old shoes that was in the dress up box and beat at the hinges. I had no clue. I also prayed and asked for help. Then after about an hour I decided to use all the force I could and just break the door. I grabbed the bottom corner and pulled with all my strength and tada. The pictures tell all.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay...I'm about to pee my pants I am laughing so hard right now. I know it wasn't a good experience for you but it is cracking me up! How was Claire for the hour? I guess you missed having your blood drawn??? You are classic! I love you!

Jami said...

That is too funny. I am very impressed with your handy work.

Regina said...

That is so funny. Probably a good thing you didnt jump fromt he second story window!