Friday, May 04, 2007

Only In Texas






This is a very common occurance around our house the past month. We have had severe rain storms,tornados,high winds,hail and a lot of damage. We thankfully have been spared. Our fence stayed up and our trees are still standing. So I just thought I would share some pictures of what we go through during a storm. We start watching the tv until we loose our connection and then we get our crank radio (the kids call it). The kids start listening for the sirens and as soon as they hear that they know its time to hide under the stairs. They gather pillows,blankets,our battery light,books,toys and paper to color on. I took all these pictures to save because this is a big part of our lives during the spring every year. When the sky has that green look and it has the line of clouds like you see in the picture thats when tornados can occur. Oh by the way dad stands outside and tells us when it is safe to come out of hiding. So, are men just automatically protected from danger? If anyone has the answer please let me know.

2 comments:

Spicy Steph said...

When the men start standing outside you know they are getting old!!! I always call Darrell "Grandpa" when he does that!

The sirens went off at our house too. I told Kevin to come downstairs and get in the bathroom with me if I yell for him. Our trees were bending in half and it was crazy outside. Where was Darrell and Dalton? At the high school doing batting practice. I was scared out of my mind for them. They said they sat in the dugout and watched the storm. Nuts, aren't they?

Spicy Steph said...

What about the storm last night? Monday May 7th? We never get the bad stuff in Highland Village but last night we did. I was up all night sick and saw the whole light show! It was actually pretty cool. But, this morning a real estate business just down the road had all it's windows blown out and roof torn off. There were no sirens so I don't know if it was a tornado or what. The winds weren't blowing that hard. So, we can't feel indestructible anymore!