Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Hannah May 22





I can't believe she is already 10 years old. Doulbe Didgets as Hannah calls it!!! I wish I could scan one of your baby pictures and shown how much shes grown. Each year she gets more beautiful and a little wiser. I love watching her turn into a young girl. She has left some of the "baby" things behind. I get sad for just a moment and then I enjoy the moment I have with her now. She is quite the business money maker. She mowes our yard and edges Papa's yard. She will sometimes help me clean the office just to make money to go shopping. She burns her money as soon as she gets it. I think we need to teach her a thing or two about savings. She loves re-sale shops. She can go through the racks and come back with the cutest clothes. I don't have that patience. She is very self suffiecent and organized. She has things labeled in her room and picks out her weeks worth of clothes on Sunday. She makes her own lunches and gets up when I wake her up and doesn't complain.
She had a great year with friends. They are a pretty group of nice girls. One of them lives next door (Ali) and that has been fun. She is a great softball player. She just needs to be a little more aggressive. She tried volley ball this past fall and loved it too. She has been a little help with her new sister. I told her this would give her practice for babysitting when she gets older and she informed me that she was not babysitting she was mowing lawns because she could make more money. So what can I say. She has a real sweet side and we used to see it all of the time but as the hormones are taking over we are starting to see it less. She has really grown up this year and it has been so much fun to be apart of her life.

1 comment:

Spicy Steph said...

That is a girl after my own heart! She is my shopping buddy and she knows what it takes to get there! Keep on mowing those yards, girlie!

I can't believe she is 10 years old. The time has gone by so fast. Where's that little girl who used to look in the sky and say, "Hairplane" or she would stand on that little trampoline shaking her groove thing and say "Shake Booty"? She was the most beautiful baby and now she is a beautiful young tweener!

Hannah, I love you to the ends of the earth and back again. You are a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit. I thank you for allowing me to be such a special part of your life. You will always be my little angel.