Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stop Growing!

The other day I was watching Hannah at volleyball practice and I had Claire in my lap and Porter beside me. Porter kept watching the coaches kids play on the side and he was wanting so bad to play with them. He ask me if I would walk him over there to play and I told him that I wasn't going to walk in front of the other parents. So he said, "Ok I will count to ten and then I will go by myself." "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10." He then went over there and if I could capture that moment I would have. He was so nervous and I have no idea what he said to the other boy but, they started to play. I sat there watching his shoulders and his stance as he was talking to that boy. Then the nervous moment of his hands. He has always had no inhibitions and he has reached the age where he does. I wish he could stay little forever. At that small moment in time I had to let the string out a little further. That's when I say STOP GROWING!!!
Claire also had sweet potatoes for the first time which means she is growing! ( By the way she loved them)
Hannah of course is so beautiful and comes home with the things that other kids say to her that are so mean. ( I don't like you because you are friends with so and so- Who Cares) I know, Its a big deal in fourth grade.
I know they can't stay little forever and I am accepting it a little at a time.

2 comments:

Spicy Steph said...

I wish they would stay little too! Those moments go by so fast. You have beautiful, amazing children and obviously full of self confindence - for Porter to have gone over on his own. That is a huge reflection on their parents! Love you and see you on Saturday! By the way...I'm staying all day so be prepared!

Andrea said...

I love that story about Porter!