Saturday, October 28, 2006

Claire's 6 month check up

We had our 6 month check up on Friday (OCT. 27) and she did so good. We are now 16.8lbs. I forgot the height. She got four shots and has not felt good since. She has ran a low grade fever. She is sitting up very good now. She has tried sweet potatoes,squash,peas,pears, and bannanas. (of course cereal too) The only thing she did not like were the peas. She gagged until her milk came up. Anyway back to the doctor visit, Hannah stayed home from school that day so she went with us to Dr. Leons. After Claire's visit I ask him if Hannah and Porter could get a flu shot today. I usually don't get the flu shots but, I felt like we should. Dr. Leon said sure and then left the room. Porter looked at me and said, "You did not tell me that I was getting a shot!!" Then Hannah piped in and said the same thing. I told them I didn't know if it was going to happen or not and that is why I didn't say anything. So they start discussing who's going first. I told them Claire went first and she got 4 shots and they could be brave and just get 1. We did get our shots and Hannah went first or second after Claire. Porter's comment after his shot was that it felt like a sword went through his arm.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a mean mom making them get shots! Well, maybe Hannah will think twice next time she wants to stay home from school! :) I am sad about Claire, though. I hope she is feeling better today.

Spicy Steph said...

I agree with Porter, it does feel like a sword going through your arm! He's so precious!