Friday, June 15, 2007

A day of rescue and creepy reptiles








We drove into our neighborhood and I spotted a poor turtle trying to cross the road. So I moved the car over and got out to look at him. I sent Hannah to the house to get a box and we took him to our house. Porter was sure he needed a drink and then he gets one of my bowls and puts water in it and says he needs to get in. The funny thing was the bowl was smaller than the turtle. He must have gotten his shell nicked by a car because it was broken and bleeding just a little. Needless to say I told the kids we could not keep the turtle and we needed to take it to the lake by our house and set it free. When we put him near the lake water and as soon as the water hit him away he went. Now the other picture was a baby snake on our front porch. The way Hannah described it to her dad on the phone you would have thought it was an anaconda. It did scare us and we are a little freaked out to go outside now. We don't know what kind it was so if you know let me know. Jimmy thought it was a rat snake. Hoped you enjoyed our exciting day as much as we did.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, you guys were heroes. That was so sweet of you to take time out of your day to rescue a turtle. It shows what kind of a heart you have. I can't believe that you had a snake on your front porch. I have never seen a snake out in real life, only at the zoo. I would be so freaked out!!!

Spicy Steph said...

Wow, my friend is the new Steve Irwin! Hee Hee. That does look like a rat snake. We had one in our laundry room once and it looked like that.