Monday, February 09, 2009

What the Eason family does when it sleets






When it sleets or snows in Texas it only last hours so we have to take advantage of it. The night it started to sleet Porter said we needed to go pick up things for smores. As you can see we did make smores and enjoyed them.
In the morning we found out school was cancelled. This meant PARTY TIME. We broke out the trays,cardboard boxes,gloves,hats,coats and scarves. By the way these items don't get used very often so it is fun to get them out and use them. As you can see we had so much fun sliding down our sloped driveway. Porter played outside all day. He took his guys out in the ice and we never saw him. Claire was a little nervous about going down the first time but after that she said,"I wan go again." I love winter and above are some of the reason why.... and these are the other reasons why....

* hot chocolate
*snuggling up in a blanket
*memories of Montana (snowmobiling, skiing, ice fishing)
*season of Christmas
*excitement of the weather changing
* not being hot/sweaty
*cool nights and a cool breeze
*its not humid and my natural curly hair looks good
*smell of a fire

5 comments:

Gwen said...

It seems like everyone enjoyed the day off! I'm glad that you guys took advantage of it. We may not get another day like that until next season. I love your kids. They are so cute. I especially love your comment about your hair looking good. Cute hair is EVERYTHING!!

Romy said...

Fun, fun, fun! You really turned a gray day into a great day.

Todd will be jealous to hear you guys made smores. That is his favorite past time when camping. When we were first married we used to roast them over candle light. They still tasted yummy and smelled good too :)

Jami said...

Looks like fun. I am impressed that everyone stayed so clean eating smores. The girls are always covered by the time their done. I also love winter. I'm not looking forward to this summer.

Stephanie said...

Well, looks like your kiddos had a great time. Must be that Montana bred in them!

Stacey said...

I hate to tell you, but winter is way over-rated. I am so sick of snow and cold. Bring on 100 degrees. I'm glad you had fun and you could enjoy "winter". Cute pictures. I love the one of Claire in the hat.