Sunday, January 18, 2009

ReMarkable Foundation Run





I was quite impressed with myself for doing the 5k. This was such a good cause. This man goes to our church and was riding his motorcycle and was hit by a car and paralyzed from the waist down. Last year they did the run as part of the youth conference. This year was just to continue it and support him and his family. We had some of the young women interested in going and since Romy and I have been walking for a while we decided to go. We started out running and then I started to slow down. We also helped another one along the way. After the first mile Mark was in his wheel chair waving to everyone. That was such a moving moment for me to keep going. We made it and we had fun.

8 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

What a good feeling that must have been. Do I know this Mark person?

Andrea said...

Oh. I was thinking about doing that. But I forgot. :( Whoops. Glad you had a good time.

Melissa said...

I love running 5ks, but running one for a cause like that? What an incredible experience that must have been for you and your young women. Have you done anything really fun lately in YWs? Share your great ideas.

Jami said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I used to love doing 5ks. I didn't hear much about it this year though.

Nicole said...

He is from 1st ward and his last name is Evans.
As far as ideas Melissa I will e-mail what we are doing and then if you will share too that would be great.

Caitlin said...

Sister Eason! Gosh, it's been a long time. I can't believe your kids are so big! I love blogging for this very reason... I get to catch up with old friends! Anyway, I love your blog and I'm glad to see you doing all right.

Romy said...

It was really a lot of fun! I'm glad we went together. I'll see you tomorrow bright (actually dark) and early for our walk and run. It should be in the 40's. Yeee :)

Gwen said...

Good for you guys! I love 5k's. It's short, to the point, and then it's over. I love the "it's over part"! If it weren't for Baby Prickett, I totally would have been there. NEXT YEAR BABY!!!