Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kindergarten and High School all in one year


I have been thinking about what lies ahead. Two huge changes will take place next school year. Hannah will enter high school and start early morning seminary and Claire will start kindergarten. Wow that is a lot for me to take in. It seems just the other day we were bringing Hannah home from the hospital.
Claire and I had the talk about her starting kindergarten and I told her I will be so lonely without my buddy. Her response was, "you still have Bonnie" aka the dog. I was thinking but the dog doesn't come and talk to me or dance and sing to keep the house from being so quiet.
I remember just a few days (years) ago I was begging for peace and quiet and now its right around the corner and I'm worried. Claire tells me all the time, "I want to grow up momma." How can you take that from her.
As far as Hannah I have her for 4 more years and then she is off to school. (I hope) Where did the time go? My worry for her is that, have I taught her all the things that I should?
So as my little girls keep growing I will continue to enjoy the journey and hopefully it will slow down just a bit.

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I love Claire's face in that picture. I can't believe Hannah is going to be a Freshman!

Gwen said...

WOW!!! You're blogging again. That is great! Hannah looks EXACTLY like you in the pic. I love the family picture btw. On another note, I wonder if Hannah is going to do her hair and makeup for seminary. PLEASE keep us posted on that!

Romy told me you guys were sick. I kept waiting to hear from you so that you could come over and cuddle with Savannah. Me, Scarlett, & Savannah has been sick and it has not been pretty :o( Anyway, I'll talk to you later! Welcome back to blogging!!!

Jami said...

Make sure you start banking sleep now. It's still awhile before she can drive herself.