Sunday, September 21, 2008

No Way!!



On the way to church Sunday I decided to lotion my hands so I took off my wedding ring and set it in my lap. We take one of my young women to church and I guess I got busy talking to her and forgot I had set my ring in my lap. So later I made the comment, Um I forgot to wear my ring today." No comments on how long in between it was!!!! Yes, I am getting older and I was on overload. Later on that day we went to a fireside and I went to put it on and it wasn't in my jewelry box. I got a little worried but not too much. I told Jimmy and he said that maybe its on the floor of the car. He went and looked, no ring. We had to be at the church early so he could set up the computer stuff for the speaker. I told him that I was going to run by our church parking lot to make sure it didn't fall out on the ground before I go and pick up Victoria. As I was stopping facing the parking lot I could see something shinny. I drove over to where we were parked and opened my door and there sat my wedding ring!!!!! I was shocked that it was there and no one had walked by or even saw it. How lucky was that or should I say blessed. We were practicing taking pictures of small things at young women's one night so I do have a picture of the lucky find. In December it will be 15 years and I just can't imagine not having it.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that was quite a miracle!! I am so glad that you found out. That would have been horrible to lose something so sentimental! So I hear that you are the YW president in your ward. I would love any great words of wisdom or ideas!!!

Gwen said...

I am so glad that you found your ring! Wonderful things happen to wonderful people!!

Stephanie said...

Oh MY GOSH...I can't believe it. You are one lucky duck. I left my rings in the chair at the nail salon on Friday. Maybe we are sharing a brain.

Regina said...

SO glad you found it!! I take mine off all the time too. (or I used to when I wore it, I am still waiting for baby weight to come off...my fingers)

Jami said...

You lucked out. I'm glad that you got it back.

Jalei & Lane said...

Wow, that's good luck! I would freak out if I lost my ring. I've misplaced it a few times & bout gave myself a heart attack.